Tuesday, April 21, 2009

fun run 7

terrible weather.. only 1 other runner, a guy named mike

Total Time (h:m:s) 0:29:54 9:36 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 0:29:53 9:36 pace
Distance (mi ) 3.11
Moving Speed (mph) 6.2 avg. 8.4 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +580 / -560

yesterday, did 6 miles very slowly... it was day 1 of Verne's get you ass in shape for a 3:30 marathon in freddy workout plan!

i dunno if I have the legs for it, but anyways, i said i would try.. tonight was supposed to be a 44 minute 10 KM.. I've never run that fast in training before... tonight was fun run, so I couldnt do it tonight but i am going to give it a shot tomorrow night...

the ony Issue is my left foot which is sore and has been since last friday's 20 miler.. it is sore about halfway up the foot on the outside edge, almost like a bone spur or something.. it hurts about a 3 or 4 on a scale of 10 and hurts the entire run.. the only time it seems to let up is when I extend my stride, as I did last night.. I'm guessing maybe the LSD and tighter legs has me running without extending that left leg and this shorter choppier stride is causing that left foot to turn in.. the inturn as it were is causing stress in the middle of that left foot... if it doesnt feel good after a good stretch tomorrow, i'm going to just rest a few days.. last night's easy run was so easy it took over an hour.. first time i've doen that since a wayyy back
i just dont know if i can run 10 KM in 44 minutes!
good thing about lifting weights and triaining, it;s no prob when you get injured, just do something else!

1 comment:

  1. Kurt... It is likely where the tendon attaches
    from the calf
    Rest
    Ice 30 MIN X 3
    STRETCH YOUR CALVES
    Anti inflamitory
    And I agree save the 10 km til later

    ReplyDelete