Wednesday, March 26, 2008

2008- Run 59

just 3 miles..
ran easy with a friend who is new to running, and planned on doing another 5 later on, BUT, my friend is no stranger to the pool.. so away I went to the Vancouver Aquatic Center! What a beautiful pool!! AND, my friend gave me a tip that improved my stroke like unbelievably!!
she noticed that I wasn't holding my breath at all, and was gasping when I did take air.. so she suggested I try
Breathe-Hold-Blow-Blow-Breathe other side..
WOW! I got to the other end of the pool and didn't feel winded at all.. It's like I was exhaling so much, that I had to gasp when I did take air.. she also mentioned that the closer your breathing to your regular breathing, the better, which obviously makes sense!! ... look out pool!! I'm super motivated to swim more!!
Then, after swim, went to power yoga and sweated like a dog in a car.. didn't have anything left in tank for run.. knees a bit sore from long day and didn't want to push it too much harder.. will try to swim again maybe on Thursday... Tomorrow: long run + yoga.. then go to show!
Breathe-HOLD-Blow-Blow-Breathe (other side)-HOLD-Blow-Blow

No comments:

Post a Comment