Friday, February 1, 2008

Vancouver 19 and random

Yesterdays run was not good! My legs were dead the entire time and I was rarely able to keep stride. In fact, I felt like a sack of crap all day until I got to yoga at 4. After yoga, I stopped into a 7-11 for some water and looked in at the Gatorade... I had an epiphany right there in aisle 4 looking in  at that Gatorade. It looked so delicious, my mouth was watering! I guess I haven't drank much Gatorade since I left for Turkey last Fall, and I had also slowed down on it after watching Idiocracy! They do such a scathing job satirizing Gatorade in that film. 

Standing there, I realized that I need to think about getting rehydrated a little more seriously. I think drinking water is fine with just running, but to go run 7 miles in a day, then go to yoga and sweat balls for 2 hours, might be leading to days of feeling crappy like yesterday. (Then again, it might be the lentil soup I made!)

In any case, I bought a water and the Gatorade and downed it in a gulp. It was very refreshing "cause it's got electrolytes" and if nothing else it made me feel better! So, new rule, gatorade after Hot Yoga if I am running that day as well...

Then I went to this cool Movie Theater called the Pacific Cinamatique, which plays Independent films and such for the Premiere Release of Metric: Live at the Metropolis! It was an awesome film and the Metropolis is such a great place to see a show. That Emily Haines is a sexy beast!
After that was Bodog Battle of Bands. Most of the bands sucked but Arthur Funkarelli rocked!


No comments:

Post a Comment