Thursday, January 31, 2008

Vancouver 17 and 18

Well, today I ran 3 miles in the early morning. It was really slippery and I wasn't feeling it, so I bailed out early. All day I wondered if I would be able to drag my sorry ass out for a late night 40 minutes... Well, after walking all over town looking for a job, then going to power yoga at 4, things were still up in the air.  To encourage myself to go, I took the bus home which I usually don't do and saved my legs from the half hour walk, then went out for a great 40 minute run.

Hmmmm... Wait a minute! Am losing my mind? In order to get home quicker and "save my legs" from the half hour walk, I pay $2.50 for the bus only to then go for a 40 minute run???.. (in the pouring rain I might add)... 

Yeah, well, I guess the only way to try and explain it is to say that the 40 minute run in the rain is a way better buzz that the 30 minute walk home in the rain... And I guess that's what it all comes down to.. Running is a buzz, a positive addiction, a blood circulating, heart thumping inner warmth that radiates out and washes over you and keeps you warm no matter the temperature. It's like being inside a big warm bubble. Things outside the bubble aren't as important as they would be if you were walking. You pay less attention to traffic signals, you care less about your worries, you just put one foot in front of the other and go! The sideways glances, grins and slow head back and forth shaking of people you pass who obviously think you are a crazy freak with a screw loose only adds to the fun! So, Yeah, I guess I may be losing my mind!  What a blast!

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    You posted a comment on my blog a while back. I'm the other person who digs Guy Terrifico...Indeed we do appear to have much in common...same sign...Jitterbug Perfume. This INTERNET-LAND is a funny place eh?

    ReplyDelete