Thursday, May 15, 2008

2008- Run 80 Hills


HILL REPEATS 1
Well, it was early to bed last night so I could get up early for my first run in the strength phase of the plan. Starting from the Algonquin Hotel, I jogged down Prince of Whales to Doons, the ran back up to the top of the hill by the High School at Frederick; then jogged back dow to Doon's ad nauseum. Two sets of 3 with a five and a half minute rest in between. The first set was actually the most difficult! Perhaps I was pushing it harder, I'm not sur, but I was dying by the last hill of the first set! On the way back down the hill after the third repeat, I ALMOST had myself convinced that I should just end on the one set for today. I had about a zillion excuses floating around in my head as to why I should just finish the workout early and jog around town back to the Algonquin.I walked down the old trail a bit while I was recovering and decided I would just do one more. Well, after the rest, my legs felt very heavy for the first few blocks, but the second set itself wasn't so bad! I'm glad I stuck with it and finished. I had some help from a lady who lives on that street who brought me out a glass of water once she noticed that I was running back and forth by her house! Nice weather day. Sunny and 20 degrees C.
Elevation Change Total (ft)
Total Elevation 3,600
Elevation Gain 1,814
Elevation Loss 1,787
Net Elevation Change 27

Vertical Speed Average ( ft/min) Maximum (ft/min)
Ascent 20.8 473.1
Descent -20.5 -227.1

No comments:

Post a Comment