Wednesday, April 16, 2008

more distractions

well, it hasn't been much of a week so far.. monday I went out for what I thought would be a 9 mile run and I ended up cutting it short it was that bad.. it wasn't until the 50 minute mark that i felt I had enough bounce in my legs to pick it up for a block or so and even then it felt terrible! My legs were screaming at me and my brain wasn't too happy about the state of affairs either. A downright terrible run from start to finish.... Well, surprise, surprise, later in the day I wasn't feeling very well. I went to take my friend Leigh out for her first run and I rode my bike the whole time. I suggested she run five minutes walk one minute plan for at least 3 weeks.. She turns her toes in pretty bad so she might need extra arch support.. In any case, after hanging out with her, I went to hot yoga which didn't feel very good either.. Then, that evening, the bomb hit.. Upset tummy, sick, just plain ill! I was thinking maybe it was from the fountains running but I've drank from them before. Then I remembered that my buddy in Victoria last weekend was saying he was just getting over a bout of the flu and the after affect of his encounter with the flu was that he lost his voice. In any case, hope that doesn't happen to me. Now, my sister is starting to complain of being achy as well. So, yesterday was a full day inside! Didn't go out! Didn't move. Didn't dare! Slept most of the day.. So, here we are Wednesday noontime.. I'm feeling better but procrastinating a bit. Going to try for 9 miles....

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, hope you're feeling better soon. And that you're not catching over the ether!

    ReplyDelete