Wednesday, February 27, 2008

2008- Run 41 Vancouver LSD VII



13.2 miler= half marathon in 2 hours and 10 minutes

very tough first leg of this run. really struggled.. Ate a big bowl of porridge, 2 eggs and 2 pieces of toast to fuel up about an hour and a hlaf before I hit the road.... Felt like I had a cinder block in my gut for the first 45 minutes.. But, eventually, the run got better, particularly towards the end... Tomorrow, I think I'll try and Brick .. or if the weather is bad... some speedwork.. ugh

Weekly total= 9+9+13= 31

yoga tonight... well, the yoga didn't happen.. i was feeling a bit tired out so i stayed home and watched the hockey game.. playoff season is coming and my Colorado Avalanche are looking better and better. Peter Forsberg is coming back from Sweeden, they resigned Adam Foote, and Joe Sakic is back from injury! They also signed another new defense man.

And, my Av's came from behind to tie the game and then won in a shootout! But the return of Forsberg to Colorado is the kind of swan song the brought the cup to Colorado with Roy and Bourque... Bring the Cup back to Colorado Peter!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your 13 miler wasn't so great. The food thing can be such a tricky call on those longer runs.

    So how does a man from New Brunswick become an Avalanche fan? Does this go back to the Nordiques days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah egan! I'm an old Nordiques fan from way back. Everyone I knew was either a Canadians fan or a Maple Leaf fan. Very few Nordiques fans, and even fewer after they moved to Colorado. Once your team, always your team I guess. I've always been on the fringe . lol

    ReplyDelete