Thursday, April 15, 2010

Untitled by gumushel at Garmin Connect - Details

Untitled by gumushel at Garmin Connect - Details
Run out to Farley's in Bayside
HUGE taper week.. letting knee rest!
Then. about halfway up Farley's hill, as my knee started to be sore again, I thought to myself; these shoes are too tight.. I then had an epiphany; I've been tying my shoes differently since i switched onto these Saucony shoes.. It stems from the advice to lace up tighter on long runs in response to that turned ankle and brevis injury of last year.. However, I was always a loose shoe runner, and therefore, tonight, I stopped and loosened my shoes and it was like I had been struck by lightning... I began to run pain free.. Can life be so simple?

I'll let the rest continue for the week and see what happens next week.. from 25-43 miles every week since this year began down to just 10 miles this week... Now that's serious recovery.. I hope my shoe tying is the magic bullet to cure this sore knee (I secretly believe that it is!) elation.. pure joy

No comments:

Post a Comment