Thursday, February 19, 2009

2009 Run 24- 6 miles

Summary Data
Total Time (h:m:s) 0:54:28 8:45 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 0:54:05 8:42 pace
Distance (mi ) 6.21
Moving Speed (mph) 6.9 avg. 10.3 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +1,075 / -1,039

Last night's run was a bit tough to start out. A bit tired after work and had a long look at the couch before heading up to gym.. Today there is a snowstorm and all the work I figured I'd get to I left at work.. I rarely put the t.v. on, but I had it on to check the status of the storm, and didn't get around to turning it off. As I sit here drinking coffee, what comes on the idiot box other than "Morning Stretches".. I'm sitting here at my computer half heartedly listening and the show's host goes into the importance of feet.. She says, "I work with lots of athletes, especially runners who go around with their feet all supported in their shoes but what these runners don't realize is the importance of setting their feet free in their dry land training".... well, let's just call this a sign that a good yoga workout is in the cards for today.. Also, going to try and go do some visiting tonight

As for this week, that makes 18 miles and run 24.. by the end of the week with the 2 half marathons on the weekend, 'll be up to run 26.. next week, I'll have to take off Monday and Tuesday, which will leave time for 3 more runs (possibly) and a hypothetical total of 29 by the end of February, which would leave me 5 runs behind the 17 runs per month plan... not bad given that I was sick again this month.. will see if I can pull it off.. The girl on TV is doing the "Alphabet" .. hand on chair, foot pointed, trace the alphabet with your foot pointed straight out in front of you.. it's all hip.. gonna try that one

3 comments:

  1. Now that your equipped for off road, we'll have to do Grand Manan in the spring.....Ride to 1st morning ferry; breakfast on the crossing; road ride out to end of island; lifesaving trail along cliffs to dark harbour; back to ferry for 5 o'clock crossing and some dinner; road ride back to St Andrews.It is one of the best rides to go on. Can you GPS map it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds awesome! yes i can GPS map it.. I can do it from my watch or phone.. that sounds like a great ride! how off road is the off roadin? i have some cyclocross tires for my tri bike :) that way I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry....we won't make it a race. This ride is more like an adventure...:) The off road is mostly ATV double-track, but it is challenging, even on a mountain bike. The off-road portion is about 35 to 40 km. The ride to the end of the island on the road is about the same.( keep in mind I don't ride with anything that measures distance or time :))

    ReplyDelete