Monday, May 12, 2008

Fredericton Half Marathon

Personal Best Time.. result at ANB..

1:43:11 .. hoorah! PERSONAL BEST!!

Garmin Upload

Started out fairly quickly to get ahead of the chit chat.... faded a bit after 30 minutes. ate eggs for breakfast and think maybe that wasn't the best thing, tummy wasn't the best.. a girl handed me a GU gel at mile 9 which allowed me to finish strong! Next race, I think it will be cereal! Need to remember to pack Gels..

Right hamstring continues to be a concern.. It was tight pretty much the whole race but not as tight as usual. I used a tennis ball on my hamstring the night before and really loosened up that gristle.. Cruised home and was in the tub by noon. Got up, did some yoga, then waited tables from 4-10.. busy busy..

Really excited that I was able to register a personal best even though I was fighting my hamstring a bit.. I pushed it but not too hard and nearly accomplished my goal of breaking 1:40.. Today rest, yoga and weights.. was going to ride bike but can't find stupid air pump! Oh, well...
So, it was a PB!!
Thanks Vern!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Kurt. See, mileage is king ;-) It's a pain having a sore hammy limit your running stride (tell me about it). See ya!

    ReplyDelete