Tuesday, March 4, 2008

2008- Run 44 LSD VIII

13.19 miles.. 1:59:48

Long Slow Distance 8 started out as a 9 miler, but i was a little tight so i started out quite slowly... as I was running along listening to Sweating to the Indies, interview with Peter Reid, Canada's most famous triathlete, and the most successful triathlete in the history of the sport, he says that he learned some things about running from the Kenyans, namely, that you start out very slowly... do the first couple miles slow and easy... This is probably a good idea for me since I don't stretch nearly enough when I head out the door to run.
Funny thing is, that even with the deliberate slow start, I was right back on pace around 45 minutes.. I think I may be onto something here... The continuing tummy troubles lingering from the weekend didn't even slow me down too much..
Half Marathon training run in under 2 hours, with 2 bathroom breaks, 2 water breaks, and one immense hill to run up on a 2 mile trail loop (that was slippery and wet, meaning go extra slow).. is well, not too shabby!
Thanks Peter Reid and CBC Podcast, "Sweating to the Indies" (Episode 1 I think).. Off to yoga, then tomorrow morning, HOT Bikram yoga, then the 9 miler later in the day... will be easier to swing than a 13 miler after the hot stuff! Peter Reid Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment