Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Run 34

3 miles.. 30 minutes.. after thinking about what my old friend Egan had to say, I opted for 3 miles tonight  instead of 6. Besides, I'd been walking all over the city all day, then I went to my sister's 5 pm yoga class for 1 and 1/2 hours of yoga. One thing I don't need is shin splints. I've had 'em and they suck! You get shinsplints when you overtrain (period). Bumping up to 50 miles this month after basically running between 20 and 30 miles a week for the past number of years might not be the best thing, but I was feeling like a bag of crap by the time I made it out here after two months of not being on top of my game. 
Knock on wood,  I haven't had any splints yet! Thankful for that! I think a big part of the reason I have been able to stay injury free so far is yoga. It has been especially helpful with opening up my hips. Down Dog (adho mukhasvanasana) is such a good stretch!  Tomorrow, will shoot for a longer run.. 2 hours.
week so far: 9+3+3..........  AND gotta get out on my bike!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the yoga really does help you stay injury free. For me it's all about the swimming, it's my yoga.

    I like that you to my advice to heart. I just know whenever I ran twice in a day I was almost guaranteed to get shin splints and then they weren't fast to go away.

    Yep, this is when I dust off my bike and start to get some rides in. The longer daylight hours really do help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're the iron man.. i'm more like aluminum

    ReplyDelete